An assortment of content recommendations, project updates, and observations from a working class creative.
- How to stay productive: Close them extra tabs on the browser. Turn off social media. Keep one email open. If you have a smidge of an idea, a plot device, or observation, you write it in the email. As the day progresses, you amass a cluster of ideas and impressions that you send to yourself at the end of the day. When you write an email to yourself with all the ideas you’ve had that day, it reminds you of how good it feels to receive correspondence.
Check out this stuff I found on the internet to inspire myself:
- I’ll never not share the Vulfpeck Madison Square Garden concert. https://youtu.be/rv4wf7bzfFE
- A Beginner’s Guide to Ingmar Bergman // Thomas Flight – Field Notes #7 – Thomas Flight – Field Notes (substack.com)
- If you can read Spanish, check out this story: LA PUERTA – Claudia Soto (alasdecuervo.com)
- I think I’m going to submit here: Submissions — MudRoom (mudroommag.com)
- Madd and I watched this excellent excellent work by Bo Burnham. Loved this take on the special: Can I Interest You in a Dark Carnival? Bo Burnham, Ray Bradbury, and Our Modern Hall of Mirrors | Tor.com
- This was a breathtaking image that could be transformed into something else for a story. A ship coming down? The Messiah returning? A fallout? Maybe Zeus ripped ass? I dunno, you figure it out. Amateur Photographer Shares the Story of Her Viral Storm Cloud Photo (mymodernmet.com)
Make art. Make haste. Much love,