The Writing Record is an accountability journal, a place to unpack the creative process, and a reminder that our art matters, no matter where we come from or how we pay the bills. And some content links to get your started! Produced by J. Alejandro.
Welcome to the new and improved Writing Record! I feel there is purpose in the air. Check it out!
I’d like to share a lesson about not deleting your super important files. Unless you’re looking to have an existential sense of atonement for that which is gone for good.
Also, along with project updates and observations about craft, the new thing I’ll be doing on this show is sharing content I have found online that resonates with me and could potentially make a difference in your storytelling. So enjoy a few links and a couple of rants about Marriage Story.
Here’s what I found this week:
- An Sundress Blog interview with poet Alina Stefanescu. She writes outstanding poetry.
- The Portland Cello Project has some good writing music for you.
- American Theater Magazine article about an old controversy that left me thinking.
- This Paris Review episode.
- Excellent read about dancers saying goodbye to their craft. Something to think about.
- This article about Rod Serling. What a boss.
Make art, and much love!
Tell me what you’re working on, I’m on Twitter! @cruzfolio
Join us at cruzfolio.com for more arts podcasts and ways to share your work!
Visit us at cruzfolio.com for the latest writings and recordings by yours truly and my friends!
Support the podcast by purchasing my latest poetry collection! Amazon.com: Flame to the Watering Hole: A Poetry Collection eBook: Cruz, Jaime Alejandro: Kindle Store