Writer + Collaborator
Jaime Alejandro Cruz is a writer/director for the performing arts. His award-winning creative work of 15+ years encompasses playwriting, audio/podcast production, and filmmaking.
Jaime currently organizes the Write/Rec Lab, a web-based collaborative to create short form multi-disciplinary content. Jaime also produces the Creative Drive podcast, an international showcase of writers from all walks of life.
Humanize the working class. Humanize the Other. Share stories we feel in our bones.
Skills and Abilities
- 10+ Yrs Freelance Videographer Experience
- Custom Playwriting/Screenwriting
- Theater for Young Audiences Experience
- Adobe Audition, Premiere, Photoshop
- Podcasting (Concept to Production)
- Fluent in English & Spanish
Playwriting Honors + Highlights
- Semi-Finalist, Screamcraft Int’l Horror Contest (The Inherited)
- Winner, NAPAT National Playwriting Competition (Cuarto#Cuatro)
- Winner, NWDC/NPA Regional Playwriting Competition (Videotape)
- Finalist, John Cauble National One Act Award (Dead in the Kitchen)
- 2X Winner KCACTF Region VII One Act Award
Previously commissioned to work on Theater for Young Audiences by The University of Wyoming, Casper Childrens Theater, and others.
Invited to development opportunities at Last Frontier Theater Conference, The American College Theater Festival at the Kennedy Center, UNLV, Relative Theatrics, Northwest Playwrights, and others.
Filmmaking Honors + Background
- Short. Sweet. Film Fest Official Selection (SEEK, w/ Anthony Stengel)
- Spotlight Film Awards, Gold Winner (SEEK, w/ Anthony Stengel)
- Sheridan Filmmaker’s Festival (At a Distance, writer + director)
- The Tumble: In Pieces (writer + director, a feature in web series form)
- Nowhere People: A Music Video Film (writer + director, student feature)
Recent Poetry Publications
- Flame to the Watering Hole – Debut Poetry Book
- Featured in the Insurrection Poetry Collection by Gnashing Teeth Lit
- Recently published in Foreign Literary Journal
CLICK BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL CONTENT
(Video and Web Content)