Writer + Collaborator
Hello! My name is Jaime Alejandro Cruz. I am a writer and collaborator. I write plays, screenplays, and poetry. I also produce audio content showcasing original works, about the writing process, and pop culture. I have a fascination with multi-disciplinary narratives. I believe in the work of working class creatives. The Write/Rec Lab is a place I created to foster creative community and to produce high quality, short-form collaborations. My work aims to humanize the working class, as well as the Other. I want to share stories that we feel in our bones.
Highlights & Honors
- 2021 Short. Sweet. Film Fest Official Selection for SEEK (with Anthony Stengel)
- 2021 Spotlight Film Awards, Gold Winner for SEEK (with Anthony Stengel)
- Semi-Finalist, Screamcraft International Horror Screenplay Contest
- NAPAT National Playwriting Competition
- Winner, NWDC/NPA Regional Playwriting Competition
- Finalist, KCACTF John Cauble National One Act Award
- 2x Winner KCACTF Region VII One Act Award
- Invited to development opps at Last Frontier Theater Conference, The American College Theater Festival at the Kennedy Center, UNLV, Relative Theatrics, Northwest Playwrights, and others.
- Additional playwriting training and workshops from Jose Cruz Gonzalez, Sean Clark, Gary Garrison, Jocelyn Clarke, and Migdalia Cruz, among others.
- University of Wyoming B.F.A. (Playwriting & Directing)
- Casper College A.A. (Theater Performance)
CLICK BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL CONTENT
(Video and Web Content)