Writer + Collaborator
My name is Jaime Alejandro Cruz and I am a writer for the performing arts. My award-winning creative work encompasses playwriting, podcasting, and audio/visual production.
I hope to continue collaborating and creating work that illuminates the world we live in through absurdity and damn good dialogue.
Humanize the working class. Humanize the Other. Share stories we feel in our bones.
Skills and Abilities
- 10+ Yrs Freelance Videographer Experience
- Custom Playwriting/Screenwriting
- Theater for Young Audiences Experience
- Adobe Audition, Premiere, Photoshop
- Podcasting (Concept to Production)
- Fluent in English & Spanish
Playwriting Honors + Highlights
- Semi-Finalist, Screamcraft Int’l Horror Contest (The Inherited)
- Quarter-Finalist, The Script Lab Screenplay Comp. (The Inherited, Top 7% of 13,000 entries)
- Winner, NAPAT National Playwriting Competition (Cuarto#Cuatro)
- Winner, NWDC/NPA Regional Playwriting Competition (Videotape)
- Finalist, John Cauble National One Act Award (Dead in the Kitchen)
- 2X Winner KCACTF Region VII One Act Award
Previously commissioned to work on Theater for Young Audiences by The University of Wyoming, Casper Childrens Theater, and others.
Invited to development opportunities at Last Frontier Theater Conference, The American College Theater Festival at the Kennedy Center, UNLV, Relative Theatrics, Northwest Playwrights, and others.
Filmmaking Honors + Background
- Short. Sweet. Film Fest Official Selection (SEEK, w/ Anthony Stengel)
- 307 Film Festival, Official Selection (SEEK, w/ Anthony Stengel)
- Spotlight Film Awards, Gold Winner (SEEK, w/ Anthony Stengel)
- Sheridan Filmmaker’s Festival (At a Distance, writer + director)
- The Tumble: In Pieces (writer + director, a feature in web series form)
- Nowhere People: A Music Video Film (writer + director, student feature)
Recent Poetry Publications
- Flame to the Watering Hole – Debut Poetry Book
- Featured in the Insurrection Poetry Collection by Gnashing Teeth Lit
- Recently published in Foreign Literary Journal
SUBSCRIBE TO THE CRUZNOTES NEWSLETTER!